The results of GCE 2020 Cameroon is being published on our website. GCE Results 2020 Cameroon for O Level and A Level Published General, Technical and ATC/ITC. Results of successful students released with grades in PDF …
Find your name for Cameroon GCE results 2020 PDF, results of successful candidates in order of merits at the GCE Ordinary Level O/L, Advanced Level A/L, Intermediate Technical Certificate ITC and Advanced Technical Certificate ATC. There have been lots of celebrations in some neighborhoods as well as languishing in others. Congratulations to all the students who made it and courage to those who failed for there is no better time to begin preparation again than now.
The Cameroon GCE Results 2020 edition Cameroon General Certificate of Education Examination has been released this 2nd of October 2020. Results of successful candidates in order of merit. The results here reflect the students’ performance with all the grades at the GCE O/A General, O/A Technical and GCE ATC and ITC.
The overall performance of the GCE results 2020 is not as bad as some predicted. The examination was supposed to take place from late may so that results shall be published early August.
The Cameroon General Certificate of Examination Board, GCE revealed that for the Cameroon GCE results 2020, a total number of 110,916 candidates registered for the examinations while 98,015 effectively wrote the examinations nationwide.
Statistics indicate that 66,846 passed recording a percentage pass rate of 74.24%
According to the GCE board, there was an 11.97 percentage improvement in the general performance of the examination compared to last year. In 2018, the success rate stood at 62.27% and this year it has increased to 74.24%.
A-Levels and O-Levels Cameroon GCE results 2020 Pass Rates
The pass rate for Cameroon GCE results 2020 per level in the different examinations organised by the GCE board stands as follows:
- Advanced Levels Generals = 78.36% pass
- Advanced Levels Technical = 89.34% pass
- Ordinary Levels Generals = 62.15% pass
- Advanced Levels Technical = 67.34% pass
The GCE board also revealed that 37 outstanding candidates scored 25 points out of the 25 available at the Advance Level with 5 A grades.
Get your Cameroon GCE Results 2020 June with complete grades just by one click in PDF download
GCE Results 2020 Cameroon for Ordinary and Advanced Level released complete with grades for General and Technical. GCE results 2020 Cameroon June published in PDF download.
Below is the complete result of the GCE Advanced Level:
Complete GCE Ordinary Level Results
Complete GCE Result-Intermediate Level
2020 TVEE Results- Advanced Level
The grading system of GCE results 2020 Cameroon at the Ordinary and Advanced Levels.
Letter grades are used and below is the grading system used by the Cameroon GCE board for the examinations it administers:
- GCE O Level Grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, U
Letter grades A, B, and C represent a passing grade, with the A grade being the highest and the C grade being the lowest, and U (unclassified) representing a fail. Grades lower than C are not stated on the certificate.
- GCE A Level Grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, O or F
Letter grades A, B, C, D, and E represent a passing grade, with the A grade being the highest and the E grade being the lowest. An F (fail) is not a passing grade and is not stated on the certificate
Note: What we have below is still the results for the June 2020 session of the Cameroon GCE. The GCE Results 2020 Cameroon June shall be expected to be released between July 27th to 2nd of August 2020.
GCE 2020 Exam Levels and Eligibility
GCE means General Certificate Examination. This examination has worldwide acceptance and can be used for entry into any university in the world.
GCE exams usually take place between May and June each year in Cameroon. Generally, in Cameroon General Certificate Examinations are taken by two major sets of people.
The first set of candidates are those who have carried out five years of preparation after living primary school, referred to as Ordinary Level student sitting for the O Level certificate. The second set of candidates are those who have carried out two years of studies after obtaining the Ordinary Level certificate and are said to be sitting in for Advance Level exams to obtain the A Level Certificate.
Overview of Cameroon GCE Board, Examinations and Results
The Cameroon General Certificate of Education Board known as Cameroon GCE Board, is the public examination board responsible for setting examinations, marking them, and distributing results for Anglo-Saxon Cameroonian secondary school students at two stages; Stage 1: The GCE Ordinary Level (“O Level”), a subject-based qualification conferred as part of the General Certificate of Education, for students having completed a 5-year secondary education program, with students qualifying to sit the GCE O’ Level examinations; and Stage 2: The GCE Advanced Level (“A Level”), another subject-based qualification conferred as part of the General Certificate of Education, as well as a school leaving qualification offered by the educational bodies and authorities to students completing secondary or pre-university education, for students having completed a 2-year High School education program, and who have previously sat and been successful in at least 4 GCE O’ Level subjects. GCE A’ Level examinations are written by upper sixth students.
The General Certificate of Education is a pure UK system of education adopted by Anglo-Saxon Cameroon.
In the 2015/16 academy year, about 182,416 candidates sat for both the GCE examinations in Cameroon with over 138,000 candidates for the O’ Level and 46,000 for the A’ Level examinations.
Brief History of Cameroon GCE BOARD
The Cameroon GCE board was officially created in 1993, according to a book titled “The Cameroon GCE Crisis: A Test of Anglophone Solidarity.” The book says the creation of the board was spearheaded by Anglophone community groups, such as the Teachers’ Association of Cameroon (TAC), lead by Mr. Peter Chateh; churches; Confederation of Anglophone Parents’ Teachers’ Association of Cameroon (CAPTAC), with other trade union groups also playing a pivot role in the creation of the board.
It took 10 years, from 1983 to October 1993 for a consensus to be reached by the aforementioned groups and the Government of Cameroon to create an examination board to award certificate to Anglophone Cameroonian students.
Before the Cameroon GCE board came to existence in 1993, certificates were awarded to Anglophone Cameroonian student by the General Certificate of Education in the UK as it was a Trust Territory under British administration (known as British Cameroons) from 1922 to 1961.
Guidelines To Prepare For Success In Cameroon GCE Examinations Ordinary Level; What to do.
Trust me when I say GCE O-Levels are really simple to ace. I got straight As for O-Levels and it wasn’t much of a challenge, to be honest.
What you have to do is as follows:
- Study 3 subjects a day. I bet you’ll remember stuff better. Content is a breeze.
- Have a timetable and stick to it.
- Never study on your bed or anywhere near it.
- Listen to classical music once in a while. Just make sure there are no lyrics whatsoever.
- When you are trying to memorize, read through once, read and take notes by hand the following time, and lastly close your book and try to write what you just learned.
- Another great way to score is to memorize answering techniques.
- Use diagrams to help understand better
- Never refer to the answer sheet until you’ve completed the entire paper.
- Just before the exam, read through the notes once.
GCE results 2020 released in Cameroon is another showdown of students performances at both Ordinary Level and Advanced Level.
Cameroon GCE results release is one of the most awakening moment in the country, as it brings to light the reality of the effort put in place by students, and enable them to see if their hard work was rewarded or if it was not good enough in the course of their preparation.
Sincere congratulations to the students who have scored PASS results in the latest released GCE results 20209. For those who did not make it I encourage you to double your effort so as to obtain better score in the forth coming GCE results 2020. The statistics and PDF results for the Cameroon General Certificate are as shown below.
Maximum and minimum number of papers allowed to be written by candidates at the Cameroon GCE Examination 2020
- Ordinary Level General: Students are allowed to write a maximum of 11 papers and a minimum of 6 papers with English Language, Mathematics and French being compulsory.
- Advanced Level General: Candidates are allowed to write maximum of 5 papers and a minimum of 2 papers.
- Intermediate Technical Certificates: Candidates are allowed to write a maximum of 11 papers and a minimum of 9 papers
- Advanced Technical Certificate: Candidates are allowed to write a maximum of 8 papers and a minimum of 6 papers.
Number of papers considered as a Pass at the Cameroon GCE Results 2020
The number of papers considered to be a pass at the Cameroon GCE Results 2020 varies with respect of type of institution (General or Technical) and the Level of studies. Note that the GCE ITC and ATC have come to replace the then GCE O/L Technical and GCE A/L Technical.
- O/L General: Passed at this level which after five years of studies is 4 papers minimum.
- A/L General: Passed at this level is a minimum of 2 papers
- ITC (Replaces O/L Technical): Passed at this level is a minimum of 5 papers.
- ATC (Replaces A/L Technical) : Passed at this level is a minimum of 4 papers.
What candidates must do after the publication of Cameroon GCE results 2020 PDF with grades.
Whether you are successful in the examination or not, you have to do something and you have to be fast about.
Incase you failed there is no need to worry to much for failure is an integral part of human life. But don’t give up as there is no better time to take a revenge and start preparation again than now
For those who made it in the examination, don’t be in a haste over anything. Take your time and reflect on what you actually want to do ensure it is something you can be proud of in future.
Pour vous éviter une perte de temps sur internet à rechercher des informations sur les examens, concours, les bourses d'études à l'étranger et les opportunités en cours.
Nous avons mis à votre disposition:
- EPREUVES et CORRIGEES DES EXAMENS ET CONCOURS - Grandprof
- LES ASTUCES ET TUTORIELS PREMUIM (VPN, BIN, INTERNET) - Bfast
- COURS ET EXCERCICES PRATIQUES 6eme en Terminale - Edu
- LES EPREUVES ZERO ET SUJETS DES EXAMENS BLANCS - EpreuveZ
- RESULTATS DES EXAMENS ET CONCOURS 2023 - Espacetutos
- LE PLUS D'INFORMATIONS POUR VOUS - Infos
- LES RESULTATS DES EXAMENS DE LA SESSION EN COURS - Resultats
- LES OFFRES D'EMPLOI ET OPPORTUNITES - Emploi
Par ailleurs, nous avons pris le soin de vous informer en temps réel sur les opportunités comme :
- LES BOURSES D'ETUDES POUR AFRICAINS ET ETRANGERS - Bourses
- LES INFORMATIONS SUR LES UNIVERSITES EN AFRIQUE - Campus
- LES INFORMATIONS EN CONTINU - ASTUCES & TECH - fr.espacetutos